PARIBUS HOLDING | HISTORY
Paribus Group – milestones in the company’s history
- Paribus Immobilien Assetmanagement GmbH reports the sale of the Real Estate Hotel Windrose on Sylt. The purchase agreement was concluded on 23rd December 2021.
- Paribus Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft mbH announces the placement of the closed-end public AIF Paribus Bezirksrathaus Köln.
- Northrail leases seven new Siemens Vectron Dual Mode locomotives. These locomotives come from a framework purchase agreement for up to 30 locomotives concluded by Siemens Mobility and Paribus Rail Investment Management GmbH for the investor RIVE Private Investment.
- Paribus Group announces sale of the Ringbahnstraße Berlin Real Estate. The purchase agreement was concluded on 15 July 2021.
- New concept for residential use leads to successful sale of Office Real Estate in Eindhoven.
- Paribus Development GmbH bundles the Real Estate project developments of the Paribus Group.
- The successful sale of the Industrieplen (Hengelo) Real Estate stabilises the Holland 70 Real Estate fund.
- Conclusion of a follow-up lease until 2040 with the sole tenant Koninklijke AHOLD N.V./Albert Heijn B.V. for the Provincialeweg Zaandam Real Estate. The sole tenant continues to use the building as the Group’s headquarters.
- The renowned trade magazine IJGlobal awards the transaction “Schleswig-Holstein XMU II” with the IJGlobal Award 2020 in the category “European Transport Mass Transit”.
- Groundbreaking transaction for climate-neutral rail transport: Paribus Rail Investment Management GmbH concludes a framework purchase agreement for an investor for up to 50 zero-emission shunting and medium-haul locomotives, including a full-service maintenance contract. The contracting parties are Vossloh Locomotives GmbH (Vossloh Locomotives) and its parent company, CRRC Zhuzhou Locomotive Co, Ltd, Zhuzhou, China (CRRC ZELC).
- Sales launch for new public AIF: Paribus Bezirksrathaus Köln. The fund invests in an existing Real Estate with the City of Cologne as a state tenant.
- Paribus Rail Investment Management GmbH is structuring the purchase and financing of seven DE 18 diesel-electric universal locomotives (Vossloh Locomotives) for an investor.
- Paribus Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft mbH receives the extension of the KVG authorisation for open-ended national special AIFs in the Real Estate asset class.
- Paribus Immobilien Assetmanagement GmbH successfully sells the fund Real Estate Ordnungsamt Frankfurt on 31 December 2020. For investors, this results in a total return of around 266 %.
- Paribus Immobilien Assetmanagement GmbH sells the Dutch Office Real Estate Meander 1101 Arnheim with transfer of ownership as of 1 October 2020. After taking over the assetmanagement, the Paribus Group achieved a total return of 72 % for the investors through its active assetmanagement from the fund company, which was threatened with insolvency at the time.
- Paribus Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft mbH receives the extension of the KVG authorisation for direct investments in the Private Equity asset class for the launch and management of closed-ended public and special AIFs. This means that Paribus Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft can launch and manage closed-ended AIFs in the asset classes of Rail, Real Estate and Private Equity.
- Northrail GmbH is wholly owned by the Paribus Group and the Northrail management team. Seehafen Kiel GmbH & Co. KG has sold its shares in Northrail to the Paribus management.
- The Paribus Group acquires 100 % of the shares in the company MHC Marble House Capital AG and thus expands its Private Equity expertise.
- Paribus is acquiring 55 environmentally friendly battery-powered multiple units and leasing them to various rail transport companies to be selected by the state of Schleswig-Holstein under a contract with the state. The regional trains of the type “Flirt Akku” will be built by Stadler and delivered on schedule between the end of 2022 and mid-2024. Northrail GmbH will be responsible for construction support and assetmanagement.
- Sales launch for new public AIF: Paribus Private Equity Portfolio invests in fund of funds of the Astorius Group
- Successful exit strategy brings investors in the Paribus Hamburg-Wohnen fund and the parts of the property spun off for the project development company a total return of 475,7 %.
- Establishment of a foreign branch of the Paribus Group: Paribus Real Estate Management B.V. with registered office in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- Conclusion of an equity investment in the project development of a five-storey commercial building with boarding house and retail use in Munich for institutional investors in the form of Mezzanine-investments
- Conclusion of a new lease for 15 years with an extension option of the former Reichspostzentralamt in Berlin-Tempelhof to the State of Berlin for use as an office building for the Landeskriminalamt (LKA) Berlin. A 15-year lease with an option to extend was concluded for the property, which is steeped in history. The total lettable area is around 26.000 square metres.
- Establishment of NRail GmbH, a corporate start-up of the Paribus Group. NRail develops products and web-based software solutions for the digitalisation of the railway industry.
- Northrail GmbH celebrates ten years since the company was founded. The Rail assetmanager is a permanent fixture in the international Rail business. The northrail locomotive fleet has grown to around 130 locomotives, 90 passenger coaches and three diesel railcars. The service offer for rental customers is expanded by a telematics box developed in-house.
- Sale of all shares in the Northrail workshop for rail vehicles (northrail technical service GmbH & Co. KG) in Hamburg-Billbrook to the Railpool Group
- Paribus Holding GmbH & Co. KG is structuring a framework purchase agreement for 25 Siemens Smartron locomotives for a Paris-based Private Equity investment company. Northrail GmbH is responsible for the assetmanagement of the locomotives.
- Northrail GmbH is taking over the assetmanagement of a fleet of 26 Vossloh diesel locomotives from Amsterdam-based Mitsui Rail Capital Europe B.V. (MRCE).
- Successful exit strategy brings investors a total cash return of around 158 % before tax over the fund term through the sale of the fund real estates of the closed-end Real Estate fund Paribus Property Portfolio – Premium-Immobilien in Hamburg.
- Acquisition of the office building Lise-Meitner-Straße 1 in Berlin-Charlottenburg via the closed-end Real Estate fund Paribus Lise-Meitner-Straße Berlin, which also takes into account the special requirements of foundations in particular
- Takeover of assetmanagement for three closed-end Real Estate funds with an original investment volume of EUR 151 million
- Successful exit strategy brings investors in the Paribus Hamburg-Blankenese fund a 197 % payout from the sale of the Real Estate.
- The Paribus office and administration building “Kreisverwaltung Pinneberg” is awarded bronze by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Nachhaltiges Bauen – DGNB e.V. (German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB e.V.). This is the first award for an existing building since the DGNB was founded in 2007.
- Paribus Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft mbH is granted permission to operate as an external capital management company pursuant to the KAGB.
- Resumption of the distribution of Paribus Rail Portfolio III as a KAGB-compliant Rail fund
- Paribus Group acquires 100 % of the shares in the company ImmobilienWerte Hamburg, thereby increasing the total investment volume under management to over EUR 2 billion.
- Paribus takes over the investor administration and the fund and assetmanagement of the fund investments of the former Wölbern Group.
- Establishment of Paribus Immobilien Assetmanagement GmbH
- Establishment of the company’s own trust company Paribus Treuhand Dienstleistung GmbH
- Paribus wins the tender of the state of Schleswig-Holstein for the long-term provision of trains for the Marschbahn Hamburg-Sylt. The project will be implemented by a joint venture project company that Paribus founded together with DIF Infrastructure III, a fund of the Amsterdam-based Dutch Infrastructure Fund. Northrail GmbH is responsible for assetmanagement.
- Establishment of Paribus Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft mbH
- Paribus is financing the new corporate headquarters of the credit specialist TeamBank via the Paribus TeamBank Nürnberg fund with a total investment volume of around EUR 54 million and equity of just under EUR 30 million
- FondsMedia Benchmark Report Real Estate 2013: Paribus is one of the top 10 performers among issuing houses for closed-end Real Estate funds.
- Start of placement of the third Rail fund Paribus Rail Portfolio III
- Paribus Rail Portfolio III acquires two Siemens Vectron AC electric locomotives.
- A total of 7.222 investors are involved in eleven closed-end funds of the Paribus Group.
- The locomotive fleet of Paribus Rail Portfolios I and II has grown to almost 80 locomotives.
- Paribus leases two new university buildings to the Freistaat Bayern via the Paribus Hochschulportfolio Bayern fund with long-term leases of up to 15 years plus extension options.
- Placement of the Paribus Hochschulportfolio Bayern within eight weeks with equity of around EUR 34,7 million
- Paribus Capital GmbH is one of the top ten largest providers of closed-end investment models for institutional investors, as determined by the bsi Bundesverband Sachwerte und Investmentvermögen e. V. (Federal Association for Real Assets and Investment Funds) (today merged into ZIA Zentraler Immobilien Ausschuss e. V.).
- For the third time in a row, the number of investors joining doubled within one year compared to the previous year
- Paribus leases to the state of Schleswig-Holstein with a lease running until 2036 to a municipal tenant via the Paribus Kreisverwaltung Pinneberg fund. The fund is the tenth fund to be launched since the establishment of the Paribus Group.
- Opening: BSH Bosch und Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH opens its administration and research centre in Berlin. The Real Estate, with a total investment of around EUR 50 million, was planned and built by the Paribus Group according to the latest ecological green building findings.
- Placement of the Paribus BSH Verwaltungs- und Forschungszentrum Berlin fund with equity of around EUR 35 million
- Paribus Rail Portfolio II is the second Rail fund to be placed that invests in shunting locomotives for rail freight transport.
- Doubling of the equity placed compared to the previous year to EUR 41 million
- Renewed doubling of the number of investors joining within one year
- Paribus Group is investing in two properties in excellent locations in the Hansestadt Hamburg via the closed-end real estate fund Paribus Property Portfolio with a total investment volume of EUR 31.5 million.
- Doubling of the number of investors who joined within one year compared to 2008
- Acquisition of a specialist railway workshop and expansion of the range of services offered by the assetmanager Northrail GmbH
- The fund offering is expanded with the Paribus Ship Portfolio to include the assetclass Ship.
- Launch of the first Hotel fund Paribus Sylt Hotel Windrose in the district of Wenningstedt on the island of Sylt
- The equity placed reaches EUR 10 million.
- Placement of the closed-end Real Estate fund Paribus Hamburg-Wohnen with a Residential Real Estate in Hamburg-Bergedorf