PARIBUS IMMOBILIEN ASSETMANAGEMENT | PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
The better result lies in the extra mile
The Paribus Group, headquartered in Hamburg, initiates, designs and implements tangible asset investments for private and institutional investors in the asset classes of Real Estate and Rail. Today, a total of nine companies belong to the group – Paribus Immobilien Assetmanagement GmbH is one of them. The total investment volume of current and already completed investments under Paribus management amounts to approximately EUR 2.7 billion.
One of the main pillars of the Paribus Group’s success is Real Estate assetmanagement. Paribus Immobilien Assetmanagement GmbH supports the entire Real Estate value chain: from acquisition to property connection, from management to sale, from project development to redevelopment, from assetmanagement to value optimisation. Strategically and operationally. In Germany and abroad.
The team of assetmanagers, property experts, architects, real estate agents, fund controllers, technicians as well as business economists and economists with many years of experience in national and international Real Estate and capital markets ensures a consistently high level of continuity and quality in the assetmanagement of the entrusted Real Estate portfolio, which originates from the Paribus Group’s own initiated portfolio and from third-party providers.
The corporate philosophy of value-optimising assetmanagement is to go the extra mile. “We take responsibility and regularly question decisions and strategies. In this way, we show possible perspectives and are not satisfied with ordinary solutions,” says Thomas Böcher, Managing Director of the Paribus Group. In particular, the extra mile comes into play when it comes to new financing and refinancing of dept capital as well as renting out the properties. For the positive development of a Real Estate investment, the first solution does not always have to be the best. We see our task as designing the concepts – whether for financing or for lettings – in such a way that a win-win situation results for the contractual partners. To achieve this, we are prepared to be flexible and creative at every stage of assetmanagement in order to pre-conceive appropriate concepts and negotiate with our contractual partners.
At home in Germany and Europe
Paribus Immobilien Assetmanagement GmbH sees itself as a premium assetmanager for Commercial, Office and Residential properties as well as Hotels in Germany and other European countries. Currently, 34 Real Estates are managed that are owned by private and institutional investors. The focus markets are currently Germany and the Netherlands. Since the beginning of 2019, the Real Estate assetmanagement of the Paribus Group has been represented by a foreign branch, the company-owned company Paribus Real Estate Management B.V., in Amsterdam. In the medium term, it is planned to expand the activities to Southern Europe.
A reliable partner from purchase to sale
The measures of Real Estate assetmanagement take into account return and risk-relevant factors in all phases of property management in order to secure and optimise the capital investment in Real Estate. The aim is to identify the potential for value creation, to at least maintain and, in the best possible case, increase the income from the property, and thereby to optimise the use of the property in the long term.
Throughout the entire life cycle of the properties, Real Estate assetmanagement takes numerous measures within the scope of property management and control. This includes – depending on the requirements and circumstances of the objects – tasks of different characteristics and intensity. These are: Accompanying due diligence processes, financing structuring and procurement, development of competitive utilisation concepts, development of letting concepts, tenant finding and tenant retention, rental space extensions, planning controls, management of architectural and engineering services, revitalisation and conversion measures, repositioning of properties, management of externally commissioned service providers, implementation of purchase and sale processes as well as commercial, technical and accounting property management.
The focus of the tasks is adapted situationally to the individual circumstances of the properties. All assetmanagement services are integrated into an overarching project control and a uniform project management, which are located with the responsible Assetmanager and at least one Managing Director of Paribus Immobilien Assetmanagement GmbH. This ensures a consistent alignment of activities equally according to strategic guidelines and operational fields of action as well as in-depth knowledge of properties and markets. And offers the best possible service in the support of facilities, investors and clients.
Measure us by our successes
Each of the properties managed by Paribus Immobilien Assetmanagement GmbH has its own story – influenced by countless factors. They are success stories of the most varied nature.
Excerpts from reference projects:
- Sale of the Ringbahnstraße Berlin Real Estate. The purchase agreement was concluded on 15 July 2021.
- New concept for residential use leads to successful sale of Office Real Estate in Eindhoven
- The successful sale of the Industrieplein Real Estate (Hengelo) stabilises the Holland 70 Real Estate fund.
- Conclusion of a follow-up rental agreement until 2040 with the sole tenant Koninklijke AHOLD N.V./Albert Heijn B.V. for the Real Estate Provincialeweg Zaandam. The sole tenant continues to use the building as the Group’s headquarters.
- After taking over the assetmanagement of the Holland 61 fund, the Paribus Group achieved a total return of 72 % for the investors through its active assetmanagement from the fund company, which was threatened with insolvency at the time.
- Successful exit strategy brings investors in the Ordnungsamt Frankfurt fund a total return of 266 %.
- Conclusion of a follow-up rental agreement for 15 years with a state tenant for the Real Estate Beschaffungsamt Bonn. The user of the property is Beschaffungsamt des Bundesministeriums des Innern.
- Successful exit strategy brings investors in the Paribus Hamburg Wohnen fund and the parts of the property spun off for the project development company, a total cash return of 475,7 %.
- Conclusion of an equity investment in the project development of a five-storey commercial building with boarding house and retail use in Munich for institutional investors in the form of mezzanine investments
- Conclusion of a new rental agreement for 15 years with an extension option of the former Reichspostzentralamt in Berlin-Tempelhof to the State of Berlin for use as an office building for the Landeskriminalamt (LKA) Berlin. A 15-year rental agreement with an option to extend was concluded for the Real Estate, which is steeped in history. The total lettable area is around 26.000 square metres.
- Successful exit strategy brings investors a total cash return of around 158 % before tax over the fund term through the sale of the fund Real Estates of the closed-end Real Estate fund Paribus Property Portfolio – Premium-Immobilien in Hamburg.
- Purchase of the office building Lise-Meitner-Straße 1 in Berlin-Charlottenburg via the closed-end Real Estate public AIF (alternative investment fund), which also takes into account the special requirements of foundations in particular
- Takeover of assetmanagement for three closed-end Real Estate funds with an original investment volume of EUR 151 million.
- Successful exit strategy brings investors in the Paribus Hamburg-Blankenese fund a payout of 197 % from the sale of the Real Estate.
- The Paribus office and administration building “Kreisverwaltung Pinneberg” is awarded bronze by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Nachhaltiges Bauen – DGNB e.V.. This is the first award for an existing building since the DGNB was founded in 2007.
- Paribus takes over the investor management and the fund and assetmanagement of the former Wölbern Group.
- Paribus finances the new corporate headquarters of the credit specialist TeamBank via the Paribus TeamBank Nürnberg fund with a total investment volume of around EUR 54 million
- FondsMedia Benchmark Report Real Estate 2013: Paribus is one of the top10 performers among issuing houses for closed-end Real Estate funds.
- Paribus leases two new university buildings to the Freistaat Bayern via the Paribus Hochschulportfolio Bayern with long-term leases of up to 15 years plus extension options.
- Paribus leases via the Paribus Kreisverwaltung Pinneberg fund to the state of Schleswig-Holstein with a rental agreement running until 2036 for a municipal tenant.
- Opening: BSH Bosch und Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH opens its Verwaltungs- und Forschungszentrum (administration and research centre) in Berlin. The property, with a total investment volume of around EUR 50 million, was planned and built by the Paribus Group according to the latest ecological green building findings.
- Paribus Group is investing in two properties in excellent locations in the Hansestadt Hamburg via the Paribus Property Portfolio fund with a total investment volume of EUR 31.5 million.
Real Estate is our home. Get in touch with us.
Paribus Immobilien Assetmanagement GmbH is always on the lookout for suitable Real Estates for inclusion in various investment vehicles.